Well, it’s almost Labor Day a sign that it’s the end of summer and the beginning of Fall and football season. It was a wonderful summer and I hate to see it go. I was just beginning to feel organized and rested. I don’t have more clothes in the laundry room than in my closet, yummy meals were put on the table, I read a couple of best sellers and of course I always include a James Patterson book that’s really a fun escape from reality for me.
But, school starts next week and by September 1st I’ll be stressed, disorganized, and have those bags back under my eyes and I’ll be in the laundry room looking for something. But I guess that’s what makes summer so much fun. So……….. for your end of the summer BBQ or picnic, here is
this month’s “Special Day Cooking” holiday recipe. It’s an easy, delicious and colorful recipe to share at your Labor Day BBQ or picnic Have FUN !!
Easy Caprese Appetizer
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce container Mozzarella Balls
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
Gather Equipment – put a paper towel on your cooking area to catch spills
- 25 toothpicks
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 liquid measuring cup
- 1 kitchen teaspoon
- 1 serving plate
Prepare Tomatoes and Mozzarella Balls
- Pour cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls into colander. Rinse with cold water in sink.
- Set aside.
Make Olive Oil Dressing
- Measure 1/2 cup olive oil in liquid measuring cup. Pour into medium mixing bowl.
- Measure 2 tablespoons of dried basil leaves. Add to olive oil.
- Mix with kitchen teaspoon.
- Push tomato onto toothpick. Push 1 Mozzarella ball onto toothpick with tomato.
- Place appetizer on serving dish.
- Continue to make appetizers until the Mozzarella balls are gone.