Special Day Cooking is a first-of-its-kind life skills cookbook written for people with developmental challenges. It has a collection of delicious consistently formatted everyday recipes. Each recipe is on one two-page layout, with consistent language, consistent easy to follow step-by-step instructions, and colorful pictures.
Special Day Cooking teaches an important everyday life skill. Making cooking fun whether you are preparing a salad for dinner or bringing a dessert for a party. This unique cookbook presents a proven approach to cooking that has been successful in the classroom and community settings.
Special Day Cooking recipes are:
* Can be completed in less than 1 hour
* Teaches an invaluable life skill
* Promotes independent living
* Builds social skills
* Builds self-esteem and self-confidence
* Fosters teamwork
* Helps strengthen motor skills
* An exciting activity to share with family & friends.